Live Free or Die Tattoo EXPO 2019 TATTOO CONTESTS Categories
All are Artist and Entrant Plaques – Entry Fee for each Contest is $5.00.
Live Free or Die Tattoo EXPO 2019 TATTOO CONTEST RULES:
All rules are non-negotiable.
Entrance Fee for each contest is $5.00
Winner & Tattoo Artist will receive a Trophy.Tattoo & Piercing of the day also receive $100 cash prize for 1st place and $50 cash prize for 2nd place.
- Each contestant must pay a $5 entry fee per entry per category. There will be no refunds for contestants who do not attend the contest (times to be announced at convention).
- Tattoos must be entered into the correct category to compete.
- You must be present 15 minutes prior to competing.
- Large, medium & small tattoos will be measured day of entry into competition to decide the correct category it belongs in.
- Large tattoos may be entered into the “Large” category if it is a single tattoo, not a collection of tattoos making up one large piece and not a full-coverage back piece.
- Sleeves and back pieces may not be entered in any single piece categories unless it is one individual piece contained within a sleeve or back piece.
- A sleeve must be a half or full arm sleeve or a half or full leg sleeve and it must be complete.
- A back piece is a large collection of tattoos or one single piece which covers the entire back and it must be complete.
- A back piece consisting of one single piece may be entered into the “Back Piece” category only.
- Black and gray tattoos may have only up to 10% accenting color.
- Horror tattoos consist of shocking, terrifying, revolting or horror movie related pieces. They may be a single tattoo or a collection of horror specific piece(s).
- To enter the “Best Cover-Up” category a photo of the original piece to be covered, before any stencil or artwork was done, must be present.
- To enter the “Portrait” category a reference photo of what the portrait piece was based on must be present.
- A full body suit must be entered into the “Full Body Suit” category, but single pieces may be entered into appropriate categories.
- Pieces done at the show are eligible for entry into ALL tattoo contests.
- Piercings done at the show are eligible for entry into the “Piercing of the Day” category only and must be complete.
- If you are a judge you may not enter any category you are scheduled to judge. You also may not judge a category that one of your artistic pieces has been entered into. If you need to be excused from judging a specific category an alternate judge will be provided.
- One trophy will be awarded to each winner of each category, as well as the artist that designed winner’s piece.
- No complete disrobing during competition.